Recipe of the month
Skye and Lucas’ Nutella Trifle
- 600 ml milk (whole or semi skimmed)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon of cornflour
- 1 x 200 g jar of Nutella (or other chocolate spread)
- 300 ml of whipping Cream
- 1 loaf of chocolate chip Brioche
- Chocolate for topping (e.g. large bar of dairy milk)
- Heat milk and vanilla in pan but don’t let it boil (make sure an adult helps you with this)
- Whisk the egg yolks and the cornflour in a bowl
- Pour the warm milk onto the egg mixture – whilst whisking – then return to pan and put back on to heat, Stir continuously until the mixture thickens to consistency of custard.
- Pour into a bowl and stir in the Nutella, then cover with clingfilm (making sure the clingfilm touches the mixture so no skin can form) and put in fridge to cool.
- Cut up brioche loaf into small pieces and layer the brioche and cold chocolate mixture in a bowl. Top with whipped cream and chocolate pieces. (We used a hammer to break the chocolate into fragments!)