Recipe of the month
Emily’s chocolate muffins
- 170g (6 oz) butter or margarine
- 170g (6 oz) sugar
- 3 eggs
- 170g (6 oz) self-raising flour
- 200g plain chocolate
- sweets to decorate (eg M&M’s, jelly sweets, smarties)
Preparation Time : 10min, Cook Time : 20min, Ready in 30 minutes!
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- Cream together margarine and sugar till light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating continuously. Sift in flour and mix gently.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tin. Bake for 20 minutes (dependant on cake size) until golden brown and skewer comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- To decorate: Melt chocolate either in a bowl suspended over a pan of simmering water, or in the microwave at 30 second intervals.
- Drizzle melted chocolate on top of cupcakes and decorate with sweets. Leave to set. Enjoy!