Fostering in Wolverhampton
There's a real shortage of foster parents in Wolverhampton, with over 600 children and teenagers in care across the region. So if you're interested in fostering in Wolverhampton, then we'd love to hear from you.
With over 20 years of experience in expertly matching children with the right foster families, we provide enjoyable fostering experiences for everyone, including our foster parents, their families and the children in their care.
As an Ofsted 'Outstanding' team, some of the benefits you'll receive include:
- A local and professional fostering team who'll help you to achieve the very best outcomes for children in your care.
- Monthly supervision with your dedicated supervising social worker, plus they'll be available whenever you need additional support.
- Regular specialist training that's available both online and face-to-face.
- 24/7 support line with a qualified social worker.
- A competition allowance and benefits package.
- Two weeks of paid respite.
- Fun family events to help you connect with other foster families and children.
You might already have fostering experience and be looking for the support of a highly professional organisation. Or you might just be thinking it’s something you’d like to do. Either way, as a leading fostering organisation, we know what it takes to train, support, develop and reward great foster parents, so you’ll be in safe hands.
Supervision with your social worker
Helpline for additional support
Support for young people
Events for the whole family
Wolverhampton fostering allowance
As a Fosterplus foster parent, you'll receive a generous allowance for each child in their care - generally between £16,000 and £26,000 per year, which is often completely tax-free.
Plus, you'll receive hundreds of discounts for some of your favourite shops, restaurants, and family experiences, as well as a generous refer-a-friend scheme.
Who can foster?
The minimum requirements to apply to become a foster parent are:
- 21 years of age or older
- Have the legal right to work in the UK
- Have a spare bedroom
- Have a strong desire to nurture a child in care
If you meet these criteria and would like to learn more, then we’d love to speak to you. We’ll be there every step of the way!
Other benefits of working with fosterplus
We’ve put together a great allowance and benefits package to recognise your professionalism and reward your commitment.
With a massive range of training courses to choose from, we’re able to create a tailor-made programme to meet your interest and needs.