- This reward scheme applies to referrals made on or after the 1st January 2020, any referrals made before that date will be on the ‘old’ schemes.
- Any approved foster parent or member of staff may recommend a potential applicant.
- Payments will only be made for recommendations for fostering families that are new to the Group, not for any internal recommendations.
- To be eligible for the Refer a Friend scheme, the foster parent or member of staff should complete the online form submitting the details of the person/family that they are recommending.
- Potential foster parents who have been recommended will be subject to the usual assessment process.
- Once you have referred the individual to the Recruitment Enquiry Team and the process begins, all information related to their application has to remain confidential. No information can be disclosed to the person who made the recommendation, however, we will share the outcome where we have permission from the applicant to do so.
- £1,500 payment will be made on approval of the recommended foster parent, with a further £1,500 payment made when the recommended foster parent completes a satisfactory 12-month review.
- All payments will be made in line with our usual payment schedule.
- There is no limit to the number of people you can recommend.
- If you recommend a family and they are approved as a respite only family, then the payments will be at 50%, (£750 and £750).
- It is not possible to refer friends and family to the scheme who will be providing respite for your own family or other named families.
- You will not be eligible for the final payment of £1,500 if the family you have referred does not complete a satisfactory 12-month review.
- There will only be one payment per recommendation. If more than one person recommends an applicant who becomes an approved foster parent, the payment will be shared equally.
- No payment will be made to a foster family that has submitted their intention to resign or a member of staff who has resigned when the payment is due.
- No payment will be made to a foster parent who has left the organisation or a member of staff who has left the organisation when the payment is due.
- If there is an outstanding safeguarding matter, standards of care issue or ongoing disciplinary process, then any payments will only be made at the satisfactory conclusion of this.
- Foster parents are required to investigate if the payment has tax implications for them.
- Any payment made under The Refer a Friend scheme is subject to the final discretion of the management team.
- The reward scheme will be reviewed at the end of each year. We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the reward scheme at any time.