Recipe of the month
Rory’s Pita Pizzas
4 pita breads (White or Wholegrain)
2 teaspoons of olive oil
2 ounces of cheddar cheese (grated)
1 teaspoon of dried basil
2 medium tomatoes (sliced)
2 smoked bacon slices (cooked and chopped)
Ground pepper (to taste)
You can always change the toppings to whatever is your favourite!
1. Turn grill onto a high heat (ask an adult to help if you need to)
2. Grill the pitas on one side until lightly golden, then remove from the grill.
3. Flip the pitas over and brush the other side with olive oil and sprinkle with basil
4. Spread the tomatoes, cheddar and bacon over the pitas
5. Place pitas under the grill, when cheese has melted and is bubbling remove from grill
6. Season with ground pepper to taste
Cut pita pizzas into four pieces and share!