Recipe of the month
2 large free-range eggs
2 tablespoons milk
2 slices of fresh bread
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl
- Add milk
- Gently whisk the eggs and milk together with a fork and put to one side
- Ask an adult to put a frying pan over a medium heat
- Dip and push one slice of bread in the eggy mixture turning it over a few times to make sure it’s soaked up lots, like a sponge!
- Add a little bit of oil to the frying pan
- Lift the soaked bread up in the bowl and allow the excess mixture to drip off, then carefully lower it into the pan, making sure it’s facing away from you so you don’t get splashed with hot oil
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until golden and cooked through, using a fish slice to flip it over
- Carefully lift the bread out of the frying pan and onto a serving plate
- Place the pan back on the heat and repeat steps 6 to 10 with the remaining ingredients
Top Tip: You can easily swap the bread in this recipe for crumpets!